Alter Ego Composite 3D Photos

Alter Ego Composite 3D Photo with model Heather

Alter Ego Composite 3D Photo with model Taquila

Captured 3D shots of models Heather and Taquila during the Spring Fling model/photographer meetup at the Fortress of the Arts in Philadelphia on May 5, 2013. I had a great time and enjoyed working with all the wonderful enthusiastic models.

I used twin Olympus E-PM2 cameras with Panasonic Lumix 14 mm lenses on a home made tripod mount and a single off camera flash, F8, 1/100 sec, ISO 200 or 400 (Taquila photo).

For post processing I usually create the left and right composite photos before converting to 3D using SPM (Stereo Photo Maker). This how the Taquila photos were processed.

However for Heather's photo, I first combined the left and right photos into side-by-side 3D photos with SPM and then formed the composite from the two stereo photos. Using a stereoscope to view the side-by-side images on the monitor screen in photoshop made it easier to correct some movement issues with the box in the photo. I think this is how I will make future composite 3D photos.